My Baby Brother Tom

Today the long awaited event finally happened and Ela's baby brother Tom arrived. Daddy was cuddling little Tom on his chest while I was in recovery after being stitched up, when Ela arrived at the hospital. She walked in and asked 'What you doing Daddy?' Closely followed by 'Can I have a cuddle too?'
So far she has been very gentle and caring towards Tom and is always asking me (when I'm breastfeeding) 'What you doing mum?' and when I tell her he is having his milk she says 'AGAIN?!'

One downside to Tom's arrival however has been Ela's general behaviour. Trying her best to get the attention on herself at all costs has resulted in lots of shouting and invariably ends in tears 3 or 4 times a day. Going to have to work on keeping her busy and preoccupied and may also look at reducing the sugar in her diet (lollies and treats) as she seems to be going through a hyperactive phase!



1 Comments:
At 9:16 am ,
Mandy said...
Hi Elaine!!!
Congraulations on baby Tom's birth - he's a real 'beaut'...aussie lingo for an ozzie baby. Debbie sent me the link and it has been so lovely to see how Ela has grown. I had Martha in January (6lb 10z/3kg)- she's fab. Eva is going through a hyperactive stage too - must be the upcoming 3s. Also not easy being a new big sister. Eva gets frustrated very easily and is awkward about every 10 mins (when she's not glued to the tv). Grrrr. But she is very cute and very funny which helps.
Anyhow - I bet you didn't expect to hear from me after all this time. Hope you're coping with the big changes a beautiful new baby brings - but how lovely is it to be a rounder number family!?! I love it although it's tough at times.
take care
love
Mandyx
(Jones, if you're not sure!)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home