Big girl swimming
Since we moved to our new area, we've been looking for a new swim school for Ela. There were a few to choose from, but where better than Sydney Olympic Pool (just around the corner). Not that we are hoping to bring up an Olympiad or anything, but it's an awesome facility and the first time we took Ela there for a swim, she was hooked on the 'Rapids' - going round and round with her dad.So far we have had four lessons, the first lesson was great - Ela took to the water like a fish - I was hovering around in the water (more nervous than her probably). There are just four kids in the class and they stand/wait on a small platform in the
water while one swims out with the teacher doing various activities. So no more toys and songs - which I think she misses - but plenty of kicking and paddling. I'm sort of surprised that they don't use any flotation aids such as water wings or anything, but I guess they must know what they are doing since this country seems to breed its fair share of world class swimmers :)



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home